She saw a box marked half a crown.
Read the jumbled sentences and re-arrange them into a cohesive paragraph.
- She saw a box marked half a crown.
- She was not permitted to exceed it.
- But her governess said, ”No, you see the princess has not the money and so of course, she can’t buy the box.”
- She considered that the box would be the most appropriate gift for him.
- Queen Victoria, when a little girl was taught economical habits by her governess.
- Once at a market at Wales, she has spent all her money in buying a number of presents for relatives and friends.
- The princess had a fixed allowance for pocket money.
- The people in the shop wanted to enclose the box with the other articles.
- But alas! She had no money.
- As she was leaving, remembered another cousin for whom she did not buy any present.
Click to see answer